Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beginnings

Well then, I've finally gone and done it. I can't even remember how long it's been now that I keep telling myself I should start a blog. You can thank The Dreamstress for finally giving me a reason to kick my butt into gear with her Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge. But first, how about some introductions?

I'm a somewhat-recent graduate from New England trying to muddle my way through this whole becoming an adult thing. By day I work at a coffee shop and by night I work as costumer for Frightful Acts, a mostly horror themed silicone mask company. I adore costumes of any kind but my true passion lies in historical costuming, so in all my spare moments I'll strive to meet the challenges of the Historical Sew Fortnightly.

My hope for this blog is that it will give me a place to organize and share my thoughts and ideas but more importantly that it will give me someone to answer to so that I don't begin to slip back into laziness as I am wont to do. I'm starting the fortnightly challenge a little late, having just heard about it with two challenges already down, but I'm jumping in feet first for the next one! Over the next few days I'll post up some of my old projects to introduce some of my influences and tastes while I work on my first challenge, but for now I think it's time to call it a night. Here's to a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment