Monday, March 11, 2013

Peasants and Pioneers Update

Well, I won't be meeting the deadline for Peasants and Pioneers. A combination of friends coming from out of town for a visit and just plain needing a 'mental health day' stalled any progress I had hoped to make this weekend. I made my best attempt at finishing the blousewaist after work tonight, but there just wasn't enough time.

The unfinished project

That being said, there isn't all that much left to do. I need to set the sleeves and add buttons to the back closure and make the attachable collar and then the blousewaist is done. The skirt still needs its waistband and to be hemmed, but none of these tasks should take too long. I definitely want to finish this project because I plan on making an early 1900's corset for the next project and these are the only Edwardian clothes I have made so far.

I know I won't be able to work on any sewing tomorrow night, but Wednesday should be free as far as I know right now. I'll post all the specifics as soon as I finish the project, tentatively on Wednesday night. Then it's on to a sumptuous striped corset!

No comments:

Post a Comment